Located at 306 State Street, the Adams County jail hosts an average population of 90 people per day. With jail security being a top priority for the Sheriff’s Office, all correctional officers are required to complete 120 hours of training through the Southwest Mississippi Training Defense Academy, located on Foster Mound Road. There, these officers are trained in self defense, CPR, first-aid, OC Spray and most officers are JPX certified. Aside from the training officers receive at academy, they also must complete a state certified curriculum.
The Adams County Jail includes wings for both male and female inmates. Juveniles are housed in a separate facility. Church services are available for all inmates through our ministerial program. Any drug, alcohol or anger management meetings or counsellings are generally court ordered. Daily operations of the jail involve our inmates taking on the jobs of assisting food service personnel, cleaning, washing and detailing deputies’ vehicles as well as working litter detail.
The jail employs a health care provider who visits the jail 3 times a week and is on call 24/7. Before any inmate receives or takes any medication, the health care provider must approve it before being administered. If an inmate is on medication, a family member must bring the medication that the inmate is currently on in its original bottle. Any medication that is out of date will not be passed along to inmates, but rather thrown away.
The Adams County Adult Detention Center now has a full-time transport deputy which transports inmates to and from any medical, court or other appointments they might have.
- All incoming mail is delivered to inmates Monday – Friday after being inspected for contraband.
- All mail received must have the sender’s first and last name on the return address (a complete address.)
- NO PACKAGES will be accepted through the mail.
- Clearly PRINT address as follows:
Adams County Sheriff’s Office
“Name of Inmate”
306 State Street
Natchez, MS 39120
A Kiosk is provided in the front lobby for the depositing of funds to an inmate’s account. The kiosk accepts cash and credit/debit cards. A convenience fee is charged by the kiosk provider for each transaction made. Money can also be applied to an inmate’s account through MoneyGram or online by visiting the following websites:
The Location Code/Form Code for the Adams County Jail Facility is 5500.
You will need the inmates Identification (Jacket) number. This information can be obtained from jail personnel.
Money orders are no longer the preferred method of payment. Money orders are required to be held for a period of 10 days before they become available for use by the intended party.
A Fiduciary Clerk is available Friday of every week between the hours of 10:00am – 12:00pm for the disbursement of refunds. Refunds are provided in the form of a Debit Card. Jail personnel will instruct the receiving party on how the PIN number is generated to enable the accessing of the card balance.
Adams County Jail has a non-contact visitation. Visitation is every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please contact The Adams County Jail @601-442-4199 for inmates specific dates and times.
*If you are visiting an offender at The Adams County Jail, electronic devices are NOT allowed. Examples of Electronic Devices are:
or any device that records, ring, sing, beep, play music, flash pictures, etc.
If any electronic device is discovered in the possession of a visitor inside the visiting area they will be asked to leave and the infraction will result in a cancellation of the visit. The visitor will also be removed from the assigned visitor’s list, up to suspension of all future visits for the offender.
Family & friends should be advised of the following precautions in order to avoid poor quality audio or video during Inmate Video Visitation:
- Use only high-speed internet connections for best quality video & audio
- Close all other windows and applications – Other window activities take up bandwidth, and will slow down reception
- Install anti-virus software, and clean cookies, spam, viruses, etc. from computer on a regular basis – All of this can slow down a computer
- Find the strongest signal – PC’s and Laptop’s will get the strongest signal if the Ethernet cable is plugged directly in to device. When using Wi-Fi, move as close as possible to the router.
- Use headphones or ear buds when using SmartPhones to avoid audio interference (Echo).
Call quality for cell phones will vary depending on how strong the cellular signal is. Check the cell phone signal strength (how many bars are indicated on the cell phone signal indicator?)
- All Personal items are provided for inmates by the Adams Count Sheriff’s Office Jail.
- No packages will be accepted from outside the facility.
- All phone calls made by inmates are collect or family members may purchase minutes for an inmates’ account by calling Securus Technologies at 1-800-844-6591.
The Adams County Jail also provides the community with finger printing services. Finger prints are processed on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. Finger prints cost $15 and can be obtained at the jail.
**Any additional information may be obtained at the jail or by calling (601) 442-4199 **