I am Sheriff Chuck Mayfield and on behalf of the men and women of the Adams County Sheriff's Office, welcome to our website.
Our website has information about ACSO news and events, where to find us, crime prevention and much more. I also would like to take this opportunity to let you know what we stand for and how we carry out our responsibility to protect you and your families. We are committed to:
- Aggressively combating criminal activity to ensure that Adams County is a safe place to live and work
- Providing quality law enforcement services to citizens by developing partnerships with the community in a manner that inspires confidence and trust
- Implementing strategies to create an innovative law enforcement agency including proactive policing, problem solving, and advanced technology
- Demonstrating integrity and ethics
- Being honest and transparent to ensure an atmosphere of trust and to nurture an open and safe environment for us all
Additionally, as your Sheriff I am committed to my fiduciary responsibility to the citizens of Adams County and to implementing good business practices by conducting independent annual audits to safeguard against unnecessary spending.
I believe the men and women of the ACSO are the Agency's most valuable asset and I am proud to lead them as we fulfill our solemn obligation to our community. We hold ourselves accountable to high standards and, as Sheriff, I take seriously my responsibility to ensure we provide the highest quality law enforcement services to all those who live in, work in, or visit Adams County.
I am proud of all the good, hard-working citizens of Adams County. I am proud to be a native of this beautiful part of Mississippi, and I am proud to be your Sheriff.
This is our county and our Sheriff's Office. Please reach out to us if you need us or if you have an idea about how we can work together to keep Adams County safe.
Sheriff Chuck Mayfield
** Aerial staff photo by Tim McCarey **