October 27, 2020
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office has a position available for a Detention Officer.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 21 years of age
- Competent grammar and spelling
- Good communication skills
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of inmates and inmate activity.
- Coordinate services to ensure that inmates have access to clothes, supplies and medicines that they need.
- Search for contraband items.
- Complete paperwork regarding each inmate and ensure that it is properly filed in the facility database.
- Transport and escort inmates within secured areas.
- Prepare incident reports and other documentation.
- Enforce rules and regulations governing facility security, inmate conduct, and inmate accountability.
Applications are available at the Adams County Sheriff’s Office, 306 State St.