Located at 200 Foster Mound Road, The Southwest Mississippi Training Facility rests on land owned by the Adams County Board of Supervisors and has been added to by the county throughout the years. The facility was also built through grants from the NRA as well donations from friends of law enforcement. On any given day, groups ranging from the NRA, MDOC, MDOT, the Coast Guard, Natchez Police Department, the Mississippi Attorney General's Office, just to name a few, can be found using the facility that boasts 20 firing lanes with stationary and turning training targets and classroom areas.
The Adams County Sheriff's Offices utilizes the training facility for its monthly staff training meeting as well as fire arms training and qualification, jailer's school and any other programs used to further the education and enhancement of law enforcement capabilities. Throughout the year, the range is opened to the public at specified times for ACSO courses such as Ladies Beware and Firearm Safety.
The Southwest Mississippi Training Facility
Major Charles Harrigill
Firing Range Officer
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office would like to announce the re-opening of the Southwest Mississippi Training Facility to the public.
After months of preparation and maintenance to the shooting range, the ACSO has adopted a schedule that will allow civilian gun owners the ability to sight in and practice shooting their firearms.
“Much of the maintenance and construction work done at the range has been because of National Rifle Association grants we’ve received,” Sheriff Chuck Mayfield said. “Thanks to the NRA’s help, we are not only proud to offer this opportunity to the citizens of Adams County, but we’re extremely proud of our facility and look forward to sharing it with our neighbors.”
$5 per person (target included) *Cash only*
Additional targets $1 each
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday - 8 a.m. to noon and 1:30p.m. to 5 p.m. Please call Major Charles Harrigill, 601-597-1108, to schedule an appointment during these times.
Must be 21 years of age or older unless accompanied by an adult guardian
Must bring own ear and eye protection
Must police your own brass
No alcohol or drugs allowed
**The Range will be closed to the public during law enforcement officer and organizational trainings**
To check for closed range dates, call (601)442-6047 (Range phone) or (601)442-2752 (ACSO) or refer to this page.
**The ACSO reserves the right to exclude/ban/restrict persons from the firing range.**
Range Schedule for ACSO
Closed December 2 -6 for ACSO training
View Larger Map
Directions from Natchez via Hwy 61 North:
1. Start out going north on US-84 E/US-61 N toward Melanie Rd. Continue to follow US-61 N. (1.6 mi )
2. Turn left onto Morgantown Rd .Morgantown Rd is 0.2 miles past Highway 61 N. If you reach Old US-84 you've gone about 0.1 miles too far (1.0 mi )
3. Turn right onto Foster Mound Rd. Foster Mound Rd is 0.5 miles past Seale Rd. If you reach Nuks Rd you've gone about 0.7 miles too far (1.6 mi )
4. 200 FOSTER MOUND RD is on the left. Your destination is just past Industrial Park Rd N. If you reach Steam Plant Rd you've gone a little too far